Fish – ¼ kilo
Red onion – 1
Green chilli – 1
Ginger – 1 inch
Curry leaves – 1 spring
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Cloves – 2
Pepper corns – ¼ tsp
Sunflower oil – 1 tsp
Ghee (clarified butter) – 1 tsp
Thick coconut milk – ½ cup
Tomato – 1 Large
1. Slice red onion, green chilli and ginger finely.
2. Heat a clay pot, add the oil and ghee. Drop in the cinnamon, pepper and cloves. Then the sliced ingredients and curry leaves. Fry till soft. Push the mixture to a side.
3. Place the fish in a single layer and cook both sides. keep it aside.
4. Place thick slices of tomato and cook lightly. Keep it aside.
5. Bring all to the centre, covering the fish with the onion and Tomato. Sprinkle salt, cover and cook for further 5 minutes.
6. Just before serving, reheat the pan.
7. When you hear the sizzling sound, remove from flame, add coconut milk and serve.
9. If clay pots are not available, use any pan. Take care not to cook on high flame.